Hypertextual Happenstance

This blog has been created to reflect upon learning to write and research this electronic medium. These posts use Jay David Bolter's _Writing Space_ as my theoretical guide to describe how I've learned to understand hypertext as the dynamic interconnection of a set of symbolic elements.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The Awk of August

If you read my posts of August 2003, particularly this one on “Searching the Blogosphere,” you’ll see that I’ve included an awkward mixture of both pasting entire URLs into the textbox and hyperlinking to publications like The Guardian and Kairos. It was Joe Moxley who showed me that all I had to do was copy the URL, highlight the words that corresponded to the link, click on the globe/chainlink icon, and then paste in the URL there. Who knew it would be that simple!?!?! But it was, and within a week, I was soon linking all over the place.

I even wrote in my blog about it. In a post entitled “Those Bloody Links,” I reference the work of Rebecca Blood, author of the blog “Rebecca’s Pocket” and The Weblog Handbook, one of the assigned texts for the Rhetoric and Technology course. As we were told to “just play” with nearly every technological tool we were introduced to instead of offered clear instruction on how each could and should be used, I would turn to Blood’s book often for the context and ethics of blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home