Hypertextual Happenstance

This blog has been created to reflect upon learning to write and research this electronic medium. These posts use Jay David Bolter's _Writing Space_ as my theoretical guide to describe how I've learned to understand hypertext as the dynamic interconnection of a set of symbolic elements.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Got Moxie?

Time magazine's June 21, 2004 article "Meet Joe Blog" offers the perfect starting point for this post:

In a way, blogs represent everything the Web was always supposed to be: a mass medium controlled by the masses, in which getting heard depends solely on having something to say and the moxie to say it.

Enter The Mox/Moxie/Joe Moxley:

On our first day of Rhetoric and Technology, we each had to create a blog and I chose to do so at Blogger. However, at that time, they did not have a Comments feature, and since Dr. Moxley wanted to be able to leave us feedback, I didn’t last long there. To be honest, some of the more tech savvy students found a string of code that those of us at Blogger could paste in, and I did, (well they did it for me), but then
this happened, and I moved to the big blog-city.

Plain and simple, I chose blog-city because I liked the idea of titling my posts, which Blogger also didn’t have back then. You see, I’ve been jotting down chapter titles for books I will never write for years now, so the thought of daily chapter titles was going to be fun! And luckily, it was early enough for me to take the time and re-post all of my initial blog posts in that new space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home