Hypertextual Happenstance

This blog has been created to reflect upon learning to write and research this electronic medium. These posts use Jay David Bolter's _Writing Space_ as my theoretical guide to describe how I've learned to understand hypertext as the dynamic interconnection of a set of symbolic elements.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Pre/blog

Unlike Winston Weather in his book An Alternate Style, before late August 2003, I had NOT been “asking simply to be exposed to, and informed about, the full range of compositional possibilities” (2). Nor was I asking to “be introduced to all the tools, right now,” or “that all the ‘ways’ of writing be spread out before me and that my education be devoted to learning how to use them” (2). Nope. That wasn’t me. Sure, I knew I was returning to school and beginning my PhD program in Rhetoric and Composition, but I purposefully spent the summer on less academic and certainly less technological adventures, as I mention in this post and this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home