Hypertextual Happenstance

This blog has been created to reflect upon learning to write and research this electronic medium. These posts use Jay David Bolter's _Writing Space_ as my theoretical guide to describe how I've learned to understand hypertext as the dynamic interconnection of a set of symbolic elements.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Hypersensitive to Hypertext

Before I began blogging, I had no idea how to hyperlink, or what exactly hypertext was. So when I started you would see long posts like the previous one, until I realized that other bloggers wrote very short posts and the point was to link to other places, not necessarily give it all to you in one textbox.

Yet too proud to ask or teach myself, I avoided what I thought was a complicated process. I thought creating and publishing anything online required superior knowledge of programming codes or intricate software. But that’s not the case with blogging. It’s so simple, kind of like word processing kicked up a notch, and sites like Blogger (whose motto is “Push Button Publishing”) and Blog-City (whose emphasis is on community and “building your neighborhood”), have made it even simpler in the year I’ve been blogging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home