Hypertextual Happenstance

This blog has been created to reflect upon learning to write and research this electronic medium. These posts use Jay David Bolter's _Writing Space_ as my theoretical guide to describe how I've learned to understand hypertext as the dynamic interconnection of a set of symbolic elements.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Rhetorical Question

Why did I choose to take a course entitled Rhetoric and Technology instead of Classical Rhetoric?

Well, once settled in Tampa, armed with my brand new Sony Vaio, flat screen monitor, and cable modem, and of course lacking any social life whatsoever, the tools were all I had. And being the less theoretical and more pragmatic academic that I am, I wanted to learn new tools instead of reading Plato and Aristotle. Consider it either the easy way out or as easing myself back into academia…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home